This programme offers an opportunity to deepen understanding on the concept of sustainable development and its implications for education, learning, and change. It explores practical methods for introducing sustainability values into educational settings, and uses the Earth Charter as an essential foundation for sustainability.
- to empower educators to create practical and meaningful experiences that give power and significance to the ethical principles and values of the Earth Charter.
- to explore ways on how to craft learning experiences that go beyond rational logic and touch on emotional learning abilities.
About this Programme
Under the framework of the UNESCO Chair on Education for Sustainable Development with the Earth Charter, this programme will offer you the opportunity to expand your knowledge and experience of:
- The Earth Charter principles
- Education for Sustainable Development and the Earth Charter pedagogy
- The sustainability vision articulated in the Earth Charter
- Resource materials that you can use in your teaching
This masterclass is designed for educators in formal and informal settings: schools, universities, NGOs, training centers or any learning environment.
Dr. Sam Crowell is professor emeritus of education at California State University–San Bernardino and a founder and co-director of the MA in Holistic and Integrative Education and the Center for Holistic and Integrative Learning.
Mirian Vilela is the Executive Director of the Earth Charter International Secretariat and the Center for Education for Sustainable Development at UPEACE.