What should businesses do, according to you, to address child labour? How can businesses prevent their products being manufactured by children?
The Dutch Government commits itself, together with (international) businesses to eliminate child labour. And we need your help to do that!
Take part in the “Netherlands against child labour” challenge! We are looking for creative, innovative ideas to eliminate child labour worldwide.
At www.nederlandtegenkinderarbeid.nl you will find more information about the challenge as well as the conditions (in Dutch).
The best five ideas get the opportunity to pitch their idea for a range of Dutch enterprises during an event on 24 October 2017 (afternoon). The best three ideas win a nice cash amount and on top of that, the best idea will be taken along to the international conference on child labour in Argentina this coming November.
Join us in our fight against child labour. We’re looking forward to your contributions!
· Entry runs up until the 4th of October 2017, 23.59h for students, start-ups, developing teams and entrepreneurs.
· Participation can be individual or as a team.
· Making use of external information is permitted (eg. participation with innovation labs, enterprises or educational establishments).
· Your idea can focus on sub-topics described in the case (ref. website, case is written in Dutch), but this isn’t mandatory.
· The form or shape of your idea is up to you but should at least consist of a summary and preferably include a video of maximum 1 minute (youtube).
· Feasibility and applicable on a broad scale
· Expected impact
· The five best ideas can pitch their idea for a range of Dutch enterprises during the event on 24 October 2017 (afternoon). Official language of the event is Dutch.
· These five best ideas will be announced halfway through October.
· The three prize-winning ideas of the challenge will be announced at the end of the event.
· First prize: € 2.500,- In addition, this winning idea will be taken along to the international conference on child labour in Argentina this coming November
· Second prize: € 1.500,-
· Third prize: € 1.000,-
· We have the authority to publicize your idea through our website, unless it is explicitly mentioned that you object to publication.
· The information we publish about your initiative will be based on the information you send.
· Your idea remains yours.